Sunday, January 10, 2010

More random travelling thoughts and reflections

· It is funny to see how some characteristics pass in the family from generation to generation. Seeing how the way my dad acts is so similar sometimes to the way my grandfather does makes me question a lot the way I myself act.

· My grandfather has an interesting way to understand every place we are travelling in. When we get to a new city and meet a new guide, the first thing he does is asking him the same series of questions – about the politics in that place, about his own family etc. Sometimes I can really sense that the guide doesn’t really know that answer and he just invent something. However, my grandfather takes is quite seriously and forms his point of view of that place according to it. A just show how nothing is really set and it’s all dependent on different point of views.

· Being with my parents again made me understand how independent and responsible for ourselves we are in muwci (forgetting all our discussions about rules and all that stuff about campus. When you look at it simply we ARE responsible to ourselves, having no parents around). It is nice forgetting all that and being a kid again, although both have their pluses and minuses.

· It is so different travelling with guides everywhere. It is true you get to know much more about the history of the places and the people. However, I still feel like I am learning more travelling on my own with friends, exploring places by ourselves. You get the feeling of the place better this way, and I find it even more important.

· I can’t understand that passion for shopping, which attacks me also sometimes. Why do we have (well, some of us) this need to buy all those pretty stuff we see? I know that I really don’t need anything, and I’ve been trying to work on that – ignoring the urge to buy and buy. It has been working quite well for me, but some of the people I was travelling with just couldn’t stop buying everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment